6.29.2010

a monstah of a week!

Posted by with 12 comments
Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.nethi bloggiepals,

 last nite, finally got the news efurrybody has been
waiting..and waiting for--
ROCKY has been SAVED!!!!
(get the 411 on Khyra's blog)

whew!
mom woke me up from my usual coma to tell me.
then, i had to go see that runaway rocky fur myself.

let's show all those beans who nevah gave up on woo a thank you-
the only way akitas know how-- boogie!


my wagger can't stop wigging. So happy it ended well.
not to mention, this definitely makes up for last week.

i mean, Rocky was missing. and
i had to visit my vet.
it was time to recheck my thyroid levels and my weight
after taking levothyroxine for a month.

(akitas are prone to hypothyroid- can effect behavior, energy-hyperactive or lethargy,
weight problems, and possible seizures.)
(oh no.. pleaze no ant-eater photos..
this is embarrassing)

why? why? then i won't look.
even more embarrassing!.. announcing my weight
at my last appointment,the scales were off by 10 lbs.
(not really my fault)

ok tula, today your weight is
- 4 lbs!
you now weigh 110 lbs.
play bow, play bow! thank you, thank you!
i'd like to thank my foodmanager and my bottle of purple pills-

next up, the vet tech lady pulls out dreaded needle. gulp. this is nevah pretty.
mom positions me right against the wall, holds onto my collar & feeds me.
the vet tech lady goes right at me, yanks my back leg, poke poke poke- grr grr grr.

she poked around for like a kazillion years. nothing! dry! nada!
 What? she had the nerve to ask if she could go for my jugular.
um...mom didn't think that was the best idear.
the expert, the real vet was called in and got the job done. 
they both were furry nice and told mom i'm not the worse patient.
awww.. really?!

anywoo, wanted to let you know- I survived! I'm ok.
the meds did their trick- my thyroid levels are in the normal range.
(no noticeable differences in lethargy or behavior, just weight-loss)

after the torture, a stop at one of my favorite parks was a must.
with the temperatures rising to 90+, i quickly found my way to the coolest spot
in the gazebo.
 and practiced producing mango-sized slobberz.
how's this?
 still growing.. lookie, it might touch the ground!
can't wait to show Mango at our next grad skool class.

(if i can get him to stop staring at my muscle butt & look at my face.) 

he has been in our last two classes- singing, sudzing,
and mostly trying to replace Norwood as the teacher's pet.

(read all about on his bloggie)

all's good again.
stay cool,



 


12 WOO WOOs:

Kapitein Haakje said...

omd what a week
well love ya slobber :D slobbers
are good that means your happy well i do that :)

love that dance with rocky! glad he is back!

Kisssslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Your mom did all this to you during your birthday week!!!???!!! Yikes!

Yipee!! Rocky is safe, you did pawsome on the scales (and at the house of torture) and got to go to the park, too!

Dexter said...

You and Rocky? I am totally jelly of your dance moves with your new boyfriend.

Hey! What is wrong with that vet tech lady all poking around and threatening to go for your jugular. Did she look like Lacie?

Sorry about that whole anteater photo shoot. But your impressive slobbers made up for it.


Slobbers back at ya
Mango

Cezar and Léia said...

Hello sweetie, what a story!
I'm glad you are fine!
After so much adventure I'm sure you deserve some rest, time to relax, play calm with your favourite ball,watch some television and dream!
You are so CUTE!
love you
your friend
Luna - We love Luna

D.K. Wall said...

Such awesome news about Rocky. We were so excited when we heard last night.

Those vets try so hard to help us, but not always fun.

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Tula, check your email!!!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Four pounds in a month - that's great, Tula - congrats. Those meds work well.

Too bad about the pokes from the vet , but awesome news about Rocky.
Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Hoorah for Rocky being home!!

We are so sorry for your V-E-T torture...but Mango is right...you more than made up for it with the suds!!

Smileys & Snuggles!
Dory, Bilbo and Jacob

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! What a week ... Glad to hear about Rocky's good news! Great Dance moves. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh my!

What a khouple!

If only....

Khongrats on your fine report

AND

Fur sharing that awesome drool!

I just KNOW Mango is khwite impressed!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The Oceanside Animals said...

Good news about Rocky, we were so glad to hear it! Has Mango thought about planting a frog in class? Norwood would lose his mind and then Mango could make his move.

Bruce said...

Wow Tula, it sure was a monstah of a week! So glad that Rocky finally showed up. He must have quite a story to tell. Glad your "you know what" visit went o.k. (I don't like to use that 3-letter word). It is a very scary place for me too! And let me just tell you that -4 pounds looks very good on you...especially in that sexy disco dress...hubba hubba!
later chica,
your cat pal,
Bruce:)